Food Industry Engineer
An ABET-Accredited Program
Official link: www.abet.org
Have a positive impact on the food and agricultural industry in Mexico and improve the quality of human life by training students through the expansion and transference of continuous education in order to improve the safety, quality and value of food.
To lead the education of human resources in the promotion of the Mexican food industry.
An ability to apply chemistry, biology, and mathematics knowledge into food science. Leadership qualities with a social sense to form and lead work teams as well as to manage material and human resources.
1.- Quality control of food products
- Food safety based on microbiological studies and analysis applied to industrial hygiene and quality control.
- Food analysis based on chemistry, biochemistry, food biochemistry courses and food and water analysis.
- Aspects of quality parameters of fruits, vegetables, milk, meat and cereals.
- Engineering fundamentals based on materials and fluidsmechanics, physical chemistry, computer aided design, programming and thermodynamics.
- Design of food plants based on material and energy balance, refrigeration and thermal machinery, process automatic control systems and unit operations, bioreactors and waste management.
3.- Administration and marketing
- Business fundamentals based on economics, accounting and electives courses.
- Agricultural products marketing and value chain. Packing, transportation, and commercialization.
- Food companies based on the evaluation and financing of projects and studies of food production management.
- Graduates in the Food Industry are primarily sought out by private companies, such as the bread, meat beverage and dairy companies as well as the snack and health food industries. They can also work in the research and development of new products.
- Their work is involved in the development of processes and determination of operating procedures for the production, programming, management and control of food products, as well as in the control of the quality plan in the food industry and management of environmental protection systems. They carry out buying and selling operations and support activities in the commercialization of food products. The graduates of this career may also set up their own business. A lower percent works in the public sector.
You can download the case of study in the following link
|Faculty Professor||Professional Non-teaching staff|
|Juan Antonio Vidales Contreras
|Adiel Berenice López Flores